Format: On-site lecture and discussion with participants via chat, audio and video.
Place: Bavarian Ministry of Justice, Munich
Date: 19. June 2020
Duration: 131 minutes
• Internet access on site not possible due to secure network
• 2 groups of participants. 1 group of participants can only use Microsoft Teams, TV1 could not log in because of closed user group
• 1 circle of participants should be able to register via chat, a circle with pure spectators not
• Chat messages should not appear uncontrolled in the video player
• Questioners should also be able to take part in the discussion by telephone
• Establishment of own Internet access by bundling several LTE channels
• Use of TV1’s own “Microsoft Team Conference System” – this also created a waiting room situation for the external questioners
• Livestreaming via Video.Taxi using two parallel livestreams, one with and one without chat function
• Use of the “moderated chat” function at Video.Taxi
• Switching an external telephone line
The library of the Ministry of Justice with 18.000 books.
The four speakers on site were filmed with a camera. The outgoing
The broadcast image is visible to them on the large monitor.
By bonding several LTE channels and thus achieving 80 Mbit/s upload bandwidth, the TV1 team had enough capacity to operate all network connections: Included were: The teams sessions, 2x live encoding, telephone over IP, e-mail traffic and six permanently accessed streams for editorial and quality control purposes.
Because of the hygiene rules, the distance of 1.5 metres
between speakers must be respected.
Georg Eisenreich, Bavarian Minister of Justice, is wired with microphone and earphones.
Participants who were connected and gave a live speech were visible on the monitor on the right.
Picture direction and editorial staff closely coordinate the change of participant technology to be used from online conference system, telephone and chat.
One of the two groups of spectators could also participate via chat.
The presentation was often shown in large format, with the speaker in the upper left corner of the picture. This view also shows the activatable chat in the player.
May we advise you on your project?
We would be happy to advise you on your next project. We offer all intensity levels of know-how transfer, from a short telephone consultation to a 1-day workshop. Simply choose the date that suits you best.